Sunday, November 7, 2010

New Project: Wrist Warmers


After contemplating how to speed up the time it takes me to knit a pair of wrist warmers, a friend of mine mentioned she'd recently seen a pair of felted wrist warmers that were really cute. And although I don't know how to felt, I do know how to sew. And it just so happens that I had some fleece left over from the ear-flap hats I made last winter season. I made a quick test sample and had a few different people try them on for size. A few more measurements of hands and wrists and I narrowed down my pattern to two different adult sizes: one that is small to fit narrow wrists/hands/arms or snugly fit the average woman, and one which is large for women who prefer something with a little more room (and as proven by my boyfriend will also fit men). Each pair is adorned with a iconic button, anything from flowers to monsters, and with all hand-crafted items, no two pairs will ever be exactly alike. Each pair will be sold for $10. To see what I currently have finished, click on the link "Wearables for Sale" on the side of this page.

1 comment:

  1. I am a very happy wearer of these guys! they are perfect for walking the dog.. you can still get the poop bag open cause the fingers are free! Kelli, you're a genius once again!

    ReplyDelete