Sunday, September 18, 2011

J-Hawk Latebird Triathlon

The summer season has come and gone and it seems I have hardly prepared myself for this triathlon. The running has been sporadic since mid-July, the swimming non-existent. I have kept up on the bike, managing to get in a "longer" ride at least once a week while the weather was nice. If the weather cooperates I should still be able to beat my time from the spring.

If anyone wants to watch this sprint distance event (9 laps in the pool, 13 miles outside on the bike, and 3.1 miles running on the cross-country course), it takes place at the UW-Whitewater campus on Sunday, September 25th. I will be starting in Wave 24 at 10:13am (although less people are signed up this time around so I may start earlier than that). I hope to finish the race in just under 1 hour 30 minutes, or if I'm have a really good day maybe I'll have my best time yet. We'll find out on race day!

No comments:

Post a Comment