Monday, October 17, 2011

"Life Cycles"

Sometimes the art you make turns out so well that you are asked to do it again. The first time I painted this image it was on the wall of an office. This time around it was painted on canvas heading to California to be hung on a wall of a very lovely home.





















As I was painting it I was reminded of the days of my youth. There was a time when I was intrigued by the art of tracing sewing patterns to create my own coloring books. Something about the black outlines fascinated me. Apparently it still fascinates me, as I have re-found my love for this and have begun introducing it into my paintings. Sometimes I paint the entire canvas black first and lay in the colors on top. In this instance I actually created my own coloring book page, from which I continued to fill in the shapes with colors. I've titled it "Life Cycles", for both the obvious connotations in the image as well as the connection I made with my inner childhood self.

1 comment:

  1. My adventure into the world of natural therapy, which involves herbal medicine is a mission. This is a mission to set our people free from ignorance, to open the eyes of the blind in order to see the hands of oppression, injustice and exploitation and to fight against them. National medicine is not just about the physical well being of the person's body, mind and soul. It is a call to resist the  systematic exploitation of the poor by the rich to care for the cosmos and protect it against pollution and destruction. What are you still waiting for? What are you still keeping that illness for? When natural herbs medicine is here to set you free. Why do you choose to let ignorance and doubt put your back on the ground. For wisdom is profitable to direct. Contact Dr Elinfoh today for your herbal medicine to cure and heal any type of diseases or sickness you might have been suffering from. His medicine is highly recommended for any sickness, diseases, infection, STD and many more. I was recently cured by Dr Elinfoh medication from Genital herpes that i have being suffering from for the past 4 yearsHis medication has been recommended to be the one of the best medicines irrespective of the sickness, diseases or infection. CONTACT INFO OF DR ELINFOH VIA  Email:  drelinfohherbalhome@gmail.com 

    ReplyDelete