Friday, January 20, 2012

Starting Off 2012

It's been a busy month, to say the least. After reading "Born to Run" I've decided to take up barefoot running. I was already signed up to do the Lake Minnetonka 1/2 Marathon with some family members in May, but now my goal, provided training goes well, is to run it barefoot. And I'm not talking about wearing those Vibram 5 Fingers barefoot shoes; I mean actually bare skin touching the ground. I've started training for this outside, when it was 40 & 50 degrees earlier in the month. Now that there's snow and much salt (and other random chemicals) on the ground, I'm running barefoot at work in our underground parking garage. So far it's going pretty well. Well enough for me to have signed up for the Summerfest Rock n Sole 1/2 Marathon in June. I plan to do that one barefoot as well.

It's also been a busy month for art. I've had 5 paintings up at the Briarwick Apartments rental office (coming down this weekend), and an assortment of my Trees and Grid Painting series hanging on display at the Riverwest Co-Op & Cafe through January 29th. All of these are for sale - if you are interested in any, let me know. Just finished up this week is the newest installment of Little Bits: Trees paintings to be shipped to NC for distribution in Art-O-Mat machines somewhere across the country. Here are some photos of a few of the pieces in that shipment:


1 comment: