Sunday, February 5, 2012

Getting Ready

Top priority on my list of things to do this weekend: finish up the 6 mini paintings I started a few weeks ago. It's strange how excited and enthusiastic one can be at the beginning of a project, and then work gets in the way and all the things you really want to do get pushed off til another day. Yesterday was that "other day". The best part is I have most of my creative energy in the morning, so when I got up, I got right to the painting. Ivory insisted on helping.


A few hours later and a walk down to the lake in between, the end result is 6 similar, yet different, small paintings that will be heading over to Shorewood in March to be sold at a new shop opening up called Waxwing. I was excited when the owner approached me at an art fair asking if I'd like to show/sell some of my art in her shop. Accompanying these mini paintings to the shop will be a few pieces of my jewelry. More details later about the grand opening party/reception for the shop, but pencil in Friday March 16th if you'd like to check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment