Saturday, September 15, 2012

Live Painting & Upcoming Events

Last Saturday (Sept 8th, 2012) I set up my new easel and painted outside the shops at 757 N. Milwaukee Street for Shop Second Saturdays promotional event.  There was very little foot traffic for the 3 hours I was there, but I managed to get a great start on the painting I've been meaning to do for a while now.  After about a total of 7.5 hours of painting on this piece, I'm calling it done.

The beginning:






 After 3 hours:



 Finished piece:
"Single Track" 
Acrylic on wood panel, permanently framed with a used bicycle tire, 25" diameter, September 2012



Next week Saturday, Sept 22, 2012 I'll be painting live during the Wisconsin Ave Bridge Celebration in downtown Milwaukee.  It's a free event - come check it out!

Friday, September 28th from 5-10pm I'll have a booth set up at the new Alterra on KK & Howell Ave in Bay View for Bay View Gallery Night.  I'll have a bunch of my new work with me, including mini paintings, a few full-sized paintings, some mini tree block paintings, and some bicycle-themed jewelry and keychains I've been working on.  Stop by and say hi!












No comments:

Post a Comment